Weighing the benefits of yoga with weights
Makes you stronger: Yoga makes you stronger and tones your muscles, but by adding the weights, you give additional boost to the muscle strengthening and toning powers of yoga.
Builds yourstrength: Your core muscles are responsible for good posture. Unless your core muscles are strong, you can’t develop the muscles of your arms and legs to their fullest potential.
Tones your muscles: Yoga-with-weights exercises are designed to work and tone all the muscles of your body.
Addresses yourand range of motion: Yoga with weights combines yoga techniques with physical culture practices. The goal is to achieve the proper body alignment and breathe correctly in every move and exercise while cultivating an open mind and heart.
Improves your circulation: Your muscles become stronger and healthier because they receive more nutrients. Stretching also helps renew muscles and muscle fiber.
Creates body awareness: Yoga with weights builds body awareness. You can think of yoga with weights as a dialogue between your mind and body.
Addresses balance and coordination: Yoga with weights helps you understand which muscles to contract or relax in an action, and in so doing it teaches balance and coordination.
Builds bone density:- such as yoga with weights help bones retain their density.
Assists with proper breathing: Yoga and yoga with weights are two of a handful of exercise programs that concern themselves with breathing properly.
What you can expect in a Yoga with Weight class…
We will provide you with a set of hand held weights anywhere from 1-5pounds. The weights stabilize your body and help you achieve a higher level of physical benefit and conditioning. The addition of the weights makes you feel the effect of the yoga training sooner. The weights train your muscles where to be and where to go. In a beginning yoga practice, several months could go by before you start to “get it.” You have to figure out how and where to move different parts of your body. It doesn’t take you as long to understand what yoga is about when you practice yoga with weights, because the weights help you move your body into the right positions. The weights force you to engage the right muscles.
Join a Yoga with Weight class today at Joy Yoga!
Suzy Soto 4:00-5:15pm
Susan Underwood 7:30-8:30pm
Natalie Maisel 6:00-7:15pm
We hope to see you Namaste!
- meetmeinm0ntauk likes this
- yoginiyoda likes this
- hmnels likes this
- acrazymomslife likes this
- annonymousmoi likes this
- tuesdai likes this
- breakingbedlam likes this
- maintainahealthylife likes this
- paxxox likes this
- leashamariel likes this
- keep-your-chin-up-darling likes this
- breathinghappy reblogged this from fuckfat-beslim
- habibidiana likes this
- enchanted-dystopia likes this
- andeverydaybeforethenext reblogged this from eat-rice-first
- queenbliss likes this
- lissalo likes this
- trying-to-balance likes this
- eat-rice-first reblogged this from muscles-are-hot
- truthisnevervain likes this
- toska-raw likes this
- gettinmobetta likes this
- stellarmonsters likes this
- winnerscircle reblogged this from alifelongromance
- hold-on-with-me likes this
- cakesmotivates likes this
- jennnnnmae likes this
- arghtastic likes this
- chandurzz likes this
- kicsicsillag likes this
- alifelongromance reblogged this from bingeeatingtohealthyjourney and added:
- alifelongromance likes this
- justalittle-serendipity likes this
- spelassweetlife likes this
- misabatad likes this
- savvydearest likes this
- frombulktohulk likes this
- i-can-i-will likes this
- healthyear likes this
- fitpeace likes this
- chesnap likes this
- beyond-the-scale likes this
- onedayillgotopless likes this
- cuppycakeermk likes this
- gettingfitinspiration likes this
- snicker--snack likes this
- losing-every-extra-pound likes this
- everydayithurts reblogged this from muscles-are-hot
- runforit-diveinheadfirst reblogged this from muscles-are-hot
- regretandchinesefood likes this